IT- “Information Technology” is a pretty broad term; it covers a whole range of digital career paths that diverges into fascinating specializations.
IT refers to anything related in computer technology such as networking, hardware, software, and internet.
Smartphones and information technology has made our life very easy and tranquil.
I know many of you might not know many tech terms; this article will give you a simpler understanding.
Did you know??
· 30,000 websites are been hacked every day. Ohh…!!!
· 1 in 10 Americans thinks HTML -the language of web pages- is a sexually transmitted disease.
· Google, HP, Microsoft, and Apple have one thing in common – apart from the other that are IT companies. Even they were all started in garages.
A 1958 article in Harvard Business Review referred to information technology as consisting of three basic parts: computational data processing, decision support, and business software.
Information technology is used for connections in computer and computer networks. IT is used to store, retrieve, transmit and manipulate data.
Information Technology (IT) is a business sector that deals with computing, including hardware, software, telecommunications and generally anything involved in the transmittal of information or the systems that facilitate communication.
Information Technology Online
Online degree has many benefits that traditional lecture style classroom setting courses do not. Other benefits are, the most valuable is the ability for a student to do class work on their own time. It is totally different in a classroom setting; courses are given at exact times that a student must attend. This can be a problem if a student has a scheduling conflict.
Often times, a missed class can mean falling behind in the course. Online degree, international students can have the ability to complete their work on their own time. Classes usually consist of weekly readings and assignments that need to be completed at the end of that specific week. And it is an interactive and friendly type of learning.
Why students like to choose IT
Variety of career opinions- IT is not something about computers and its hardware, in fact it is about the technology, it is spread its work areas in world wide web(www) and web development and technical writer etc.
Practical aspects- students like you always will be in dilemma whether what we are studying is really applied in real life or not, or it is just restricted to books and exams. But in IT, it’s an open source of clearly practical studying and applying them individually for various purposes.
Logical skills and problem solving-The skills in logic and problem solving will guide you for the rest of your life. What can I say: it helps you think? Try and pick an argument with a computer scientist, I dare you. Problem solving will help you in your everyday life. And in computer science, you sharpen these skills every day.
A job in IT guarantees high pay- you get excellent and competitive pay for starting salaries.
Excellent job satisfaction-Money is not the only bonus of getting a job in Computer Science or IT. This sector has one of the highest rates of job satisfaction.
Specializations in IT field
· Business Studies in Computer Information Technology (BS)
· Computer Science (BS)
· Information Security
· Software Engineering
· Environmental Science (BS)
· Natural Resources & Conservation
· Game Art & Development (BA)
· Game Programming & Development (BS)
· Graphic Design & Media Arts (BA)
· Web Design
· Data Analytics
· Database Design
· Healthcare Informatics
· Information Security
· IT Management
· Software Application Development
· Web Design
Where can you work??
· Technical support: Tech support is generally what most non-IT folk think of when they imagine an information technology department.
· Programmers: Computer programmers are the brains behind software functions—they write and test the code that makes up software programs.
· Web developers: Web developers often have the most visible jobs. Create and design different websites and webpages.
· Computer systems analyst: Computer systems analysts are the multi task of information technology; they have to understand computer hardware, software, and networks—and how they all come to work together.
· It security: it is one of the modern growing domain , so you will have plenty of work opportunities.
Information technology jobs fall within the full spectrum of computer technology and business. As an IT professional, you’ll be supporting your clients in reaching their goals and nurturing their corporate culture. There are many career options for the domain of information technology. You can choose any field in the area of information technology. It is also considered as the people employed under IT sector are high paid and will end up reaching high heights in their career. If you’re looking forward to join the ranks of IT experts, it is an excellent idea.